Originally Posted by CRS
DF,
I had read somewhere that the 215 SGK is a softer bullet. I have never been much of a Sierra user, so never tried them. Would really like to hear from someone that has used these in the field on deer-elk size game.

Being a looney, I was just studying bullet availability in 225gr and up last night. Just in case my new Safari 338-06 does not like the 210gr Barnes T/TSX. Thinking very hard on the Hornady 225 or 250gr IL, or maybe 225gr GMX. Then there is always the NPT or bonded? Decisions, decisions, decisions. crazy

But every time I start leaning towards a lead based bullet in heavier weight I loop back to the 200-210gr mono's, since they will penetrate just as deeply. So I really hope the 200-210gr mono's shoot.

My one concern I had when I loaded 210TTSX in the 338RCM was expansion at range. Barnes says the lower velocity level for expansion was 1800fps, but a some users have said that expansion below 2200 fps wasn't very pronounced. Starting at 2750, which was about the max in my 22" 338RCM was 2200 FPS was around 350yds. I didn't really expect to shoot beyond that, but for some that could be a limitation. Of course if your ok with expansion below my somewhat arbitrary 2200fps then its not an issue.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge