Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
"After the first 3 inaccuracies I bailed."

"Where were the inaccuracies in the link on knife steels?"

Without going overboard or getting twisted up, a little data to go with one liners would be appreciated I am sure.
Not trying to get another thread melt down going here, just......
Tim

Hey, Tim. I freely admit I just scanned the link in an airport, so didn't deep dive, but these are the specious declarations that jumped out 'Immediately":

What is Steel?

“Steel is an alloy of iron and carbon containing less than 2% carbon and 1% manganese and small amounts of silicon, phosphorus, sulphur and oxygen”

This is a generic and antiquated definition grabbed off the internet for simple iron-carbon steel, used in the day to differentiate pig iron from steel from cast iron. Today we have over 3500 steel alloys and MOST don't fit this definition. Heck, the top rated alloy in the list is CPM S90V. It has 2.3% carbon...does that mean it isn't steel?

CPM M4 is one of Crucible’s top tool steels. Like every other steel made by Crucible, it was created using their patented Particle Metallurgy Process.

Bullsh!t. Crucible/Niagra produces 28 CPM products out of 59 offerings. Heck, we all know they offer 154 CM and CPM 154, D2 and CPM D2, M4 and CPM M4, etc...

Stainless or Carbon Steel?

It depends. Higher carbon generally means lower corrosion resistance.

Really? Again, the steels noted as most corrosion resistant in the dialogue have carbon above 1.5%.

I could go on (and on!!) but need to board a plane...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...