Tim,
My 2 cents on the questions you asked earlier. I've never been able to skin and quarter 2 elk with a cpm154 knife until I purchased one from you. With that cpm154 knife I can skin and quarter 2 elk. With the M4 knives I've got from you I would say they can do 3 easy and 4 if I'm careful. Other 3v knives I have had I would say fall somewhere in between. I've had 3 s30v knives that I would rate below all the above in edge retention. My one knock on m4 is that is stains and discolors about as easy as any steel I've used. Doesn't bother me a bit, I'm not driven by appearance, and I live in a pretty dry arid climate. This isn't a scientific test, I'm not a metallurgist. Just based on my use in the field and my thoughts.

I'm using "elk" as a relative quantitative measurement. I skin a good number of big "game" animals each year ranging from antelope to hereford bulls with a good dose of elk thrown in. I compare these steels or knives based on how long they stay sharp. How well they retain their edge. When I am hunting or doing large volume skinning I carry two knives. One used for disarticulating joints, severing heads, splitting ribs, rough work etc.. The second knife is used for all skinning and skinning cuts. I just about refuse to skin with a dull knife and rarely sharpen, strop, or hone a knife in the field. I always carry two knives, partly just for redundancy but there are lots of other reasons. It works for me. Not to distract from the thread, just for reference when discussing elk per edge....

I really like m4 and 3v steel. My tastes in design and steel have changed a bit through the years and I'm sure they will continue to change. I've bought 5 knives form Tim they have all been great. GW your collection is outstanding.