I don't see how anyone could defend him, a POS as a person absolutely. A POS as a TE hardly. I agree with deflave he didn't think he was on the radar and possible thought that even if he was someone else would take the fall for him.

Funny they show the same few plays in the show. He was good there is no denying that, but he wasn't as good as the Gronk. NFL wide he was probably around the lower middle to bottom of the top ten TE in the league. Of course in a normal setting he should have and probably would have gotten better. BUT he was beat up, he admitted he was beat up and hurting. His brain showed just how far gone it was at such an early age. SO maybe he played a few more years? Maybe he takes a career ending injury? Maybe he continued to improve? But he wasn't going to make the top pay of a TE in the NFL. Another thing he had going against him is no teams really wanted to take a chance, the Patriots did and by the time they would have cut him I believe his stock would have been low. He would never make more than the Gonk in NE.

As for the gay/by-sexual I don't see that being a big piece of the puzzle in the story. More a side note, a shock factor, a see there are manly gays.

As for Bristol there are parts of it that are nice. But not where he grew up. With that said it isn't a total sh_thole either.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.