Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Okay, here's where I'm coming from.

I had several friends in College take up "the chronic". I watched them go from straight A students to apathetic losers who only cared about their next smoke.

I have worked with several individuals who were chronic weed smokers. They all worried more about their next "hit" than job performance. One coworker went to a family reunion in Tenn, and died of a heroin OD while partying with brothers and cousins.

I had several cousins who turned into alcoholics. And none of them had ever taken a drink before legal age. A couple of them turned into hard core drug addicts later in life.

I lost one Son in Law to alcoholism and eventual suicide. He left a twelve year old daughter behind. But he was an alcoholic by the age of fifteen.

At age forty my pard and hunting buddy married a gal who was into meth. He became a serious addict within a year, and I had to cull him from my life.

And every one of these losers loudly denounce any efforts by .gov to control the sale or traffic of drugs. They call drugs a victimless vice. Yet who pays for their disability, welfare, food stamps, energy assistance, childcare, and medicaid when they become indigent?

And yes alcoholism is just as serious a problem in this nation as is drug abuse. But obviously prohibition was not the answer.

I just know that I do not want to share the road or the workplace with anyone intoxicated with any substance.

Someone, anyone, please tell me what the answer is.

Personally, I think it needs to start in the school yard. Kids all know if they get caught using or dealing, they will just get their knuckles rapped.

If everyone of those kids knew someone who had been executed for participating in the drug trade, they would understand drugs are serious business.

IS,

No one is saying these stories are not bad. But you have to ask yourself, bad compared to what?

How's that War on Drugs working out for ya?

How many dead in Mexico as a result of their cartel wars resulting from our drug policy?

How much of the infringements of our Second Amendment right stem from the actions of bad actors as a result of the drug war?

How many billions of dollars should we spend each year housing people due to drug crimes?

How many family should we bust up due to throwing parents in jail?

It's important to look at both sides of the equation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell