Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I have been seeing of late (last 2 years) a bumper sticker that reads "BORN OK THE FIRST TIME"!
I "heard" that this is a refutation of Christianity and the owners of those bumper stickers are atheist's.
Not everyone is "born again" in the sense that most of us think of. If you read any lives of saints you'll find a large number of them were raised in devotion and never had a need to experience conversion.

And this was my point from the beginning. I know many people who have never been apart from their faith. Thus they never experience a "moment of acceptance" or "conversion" or being "born again".

According to many posting on this thread, those people are doomed to Hell.

Not to say these people do not sin, any more than any "Born Again Christian" can claim to be sin free.

Believe the Good News, confess and repent and you are saved, whether you have HIM to help you believe by coming into your heart or not. If you believe on HIM, you are not rejecting the spirit for the flesh and as such are of the spirit and as such are reborn, or IOW, born of the spirit.

Many are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Many work for it or win the lottery. Either way they become rich. Same with being a Christian. Gifted with believe by upbringing or smitten on the road to Damascus.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin