Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I have no issues with any of the guns mentioned, save for possibly the Mini. Mini's aren't known for accuracy. If it's a later gun made within the last five years or so, it's probably okay. I would much rather you just switched to the AR I saw you had on another thread. I'm assuming it's in 223/556 though I can't think of a bad caliber they're commonly encountered in anyway. It sounds like you maybe need to go on the offensive here instead of defensive, before somebody gets hurt.

Surprisingly, Moose was hitting a 6 inch plate at 50 yards with the Micro Roni fairly consistently. I was impressed.

Our offensive capabilities are somewhat attenuated in that we're not there except on the weekends. I used to have a good relationship with the local dog control officer. He used to use my front porch as a platform for exercising his 338 Lapua. He's retired, and I know the new guy is rather busy. A lot of the land around us is similarly employed-- weekend warriors. It's a prime area for feral dogs.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer