Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
As I am 64 years old with COPD, and somewhat over weight, there is a fair chance I will not live to see my 65'th birthday in July. No need to panic, but something to be aware of and prepared for.

Because that is what a proper conservative does: prepare.

Rather than stick their head in a cloud where all they see is rainbows and unicorns and tell everyone they know "It'll be all right. The future will take care of itself. Yeah, that's the ticket, the government will save us all."

That is pretty much the opposite of a conservative! But it sure sounds like YOUR posting on this topic.

Lack of preparation: I can not think of a faster way to destroy a nation.
Instead of blaming everyone else, you need to control your situation. Frankly, that is the ONLY situation you CAN control.

If I get COVID, I will self quarantine. Never said I wouldn't. But until then, I'm going to live as best I can, avoiding at-risk people where possible. But if at-risk people are irresponsible, there's nothing I can do about that. You all make your choices and accept the outcomes. Life is not fair.

If all the low-risk people who aren't in regular contact with at-risk people get COVID, then the population will build up what vaxxers call the much-vaunted "herd immunity" and we'll never have to worry about COVID-19 again. If people DON'T get it, then we will be at risk of outbreak for a much longer time.

You have never seen me blame anyone. I have only repeated easily observable data and made logical predictions based on that data.

It is in the best interests of this nation to slow the progression of this disease. The cost of inaction will far outweigh the costs of controlling and slowing the rate of infection.

Whether I live or die is of little consequence to any but my wife, children, and grandchildren. But if a million like me die in the next four months, the consequences will be dire to our Republic.

Remember 500 cases 8 days ago, 1000 cases four days ago, close to 5000 cases today, 10,000 in four days, 20,0000 in eight days.

This is the nature of exponential growth.
Actually, I am following the EXACT same protocol as nursing home employees. (Except my behavior is even more conservative, because I'm avoiding the at-risk instead of working with them 8 + hours a day)

That is great. I am only encouraging everyone to do the same. And remember, everyone you meet on the street, or in the grocery store, or in your child's school is now an at risk individual. They could be walking around with it for two weeks and never know. You could have it and be spreading it wherever you go for two weeks and never know.

Protect yourself, protect those around you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.