If you want to get an easy and free feel for things PM me your cell number and I'll send you a link for a Robinhood acct. They'll give us each a free stock if you sign up. You can transfer some money from your bank to them really easy and start doing some small free trades. The trades go through fast and it's easy. You can start with just a little and get the feel.

I had some money in Ed Jones and wanted to start buying some good dividend stocks to hold long term. Made my first purchase of a stock, I have always done funds, a few weeks ago and the commissions were crazy high. Especially when you can do it free at many other places. I wanted to hold long term but already sold my stock, another huge fee, just the other day. Made some money and ran.

I asked Ed jones yesterday to pull half of what I have in cash and send it to me so I can start a Schwab or Fidelity account next week. They both have free trades. I think this is going to get worse. I might buy more at the next big drop and may sell again if it bounces. I'm more nervous long term the longer people have to stay home. I want free trades I can do myself. My broker talked me out of buying $20000 in Boeing a few weeks ago at $90. He did point me to shell though and I did well there.

There's lots of free info and stock ratings out there but it's all a gamble right now. Don't invest what you cant afford to lose. Start a hundred bucks or two on Robinhood to get a feel and see if you want to go down this rabbit hole. If things get really bad the guys that are out of debt and have a little cash are going to have lots of opportunities. Keep some powder dry. If it comes back quick these next few weeks maybe a once in a decade or more buy opportunity. Stick with big well established historical companies and you should be ok longterm.

Bb