Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the stock market is stupid, I have yet to met anyone who has built a serious fortune purely with stock market investing.

Uhhh, you are immediately disqualified to participate in this discussion.

how much have you made in the stock market and still have? my accountant who sees over 400 tax returns in a year, I asked him who he knows that has made a fortune in the stock market investing. He said only insiders make money, I am only talking substantial money, anyone might be able to make a little.

how many people do you know that have made and created $20k /month passive income from stock market investing? tell me how many. If I am so unqualified. BTW you have no idea who I am, you have no idea my financial status. pretty interesting blanket statement with nothing to back up what you have done to prove me wrong.

Relax. Don't channel your inner Elkhumper91.

Your statement was simply, " I have yet to met anyone who has built a serious fortune purely with stock market investing"

I don't know the reality you live in. If no one you have ever known has never been successful in the stock market, I am sorry.

But for me personally, I have a dozen elders and siblings in my family who have done just that: Highway Patrolmen (x3), 2 DR's, 4 nurses, mining execs, etc who have made an above average wage, and parlayed that in the market into substantial wealth.

My wife and I included.

What do you define as substantial? How much assets do you want at retirement and what rate of return