I figured prices would drop until Detroit shut the plants down and now I don't know. I'm pretty sure used private party prices will drop as people walk away from their expensive trucks with big payments.

I've wanted a new(er) truck for 10 years (I sold my 1995 Ford earlier this year) and we've been saving for one. I've spent quite a few nights on the Ram website surfing zip codes, looking for a truck with the options I wanted. I found one in Wyoming; 3500, Cummins HO, Laramie, Level 1 options with towing tech, safety and some other stuff. It was driven by the dealership and had a few miles on it. It looked good so I gave them my credit card number and put $500 on it. We drove over yesterday and picked it up. Since it had a few miles the price was the best I've found in the last few months I've been looking, even better than the guys in Kellogg and Caldwell. I opted for the 84 months at 0% interest. I told the finance guy I couldn't believe he was going to let me drive away with only $500 and a signature, he said "when people have credit scores like yours I never have to worry". The idea of having a payment bugs me but it's the only money I owe and the rate is 0%, and the money I saved for the truck will now go to investments. Hopefully this will be the last truck I ever buy.

What would Porter Rockwell do?