[quote=Capt_CraigI just went through a similar situation with one of the boat owners I work with, who was going to take delivery of a new C8 Corvette. The car is built and sitting in a lot waiting for delivery. The stealership told him that they suddenly could not deliver the car for the price they quoted him, and the car price would now increase by an additional $10k. This on a car that cost $90k and that he had paid a deposit for back in August. What the stealership failed to understand is that this guy had previously purchased a number of corvettes through them, including two C7 ZO6s, an C6 ZL1, and a few top level Camaros as well for his kids.
He bought the C8 to drive until they produce a ZO6, that he likely would have ordered from them as well. He told them to go fugg themselves and keep the vette, as well as advising them they had lost a long time high end customer. They tried to sweet talk him and tell him it was a mistake, but he was having none of that. He said he sat down in the Sales Manager’s office, got a cup of coffee, and called one of the big name corvette dealers on speaker making a deal for almost exactly the same car for only $550 over what he would have originally paid. He said he did the whole deal on speaker with the stealership Sales Manager sitting there, and should have the car next week. Fugg them.[/quote]

The guy you work with wins the award for champion BS'er of the year. To start with, how could he make a deal to order a $90K car without paperwork showing what he would pay for it when it arrived? Anyone with half a brain would insist of seeing paperwork showing the deposit and price of the car. All the big dealers were sold out of allocations months ago for a 2020 C8. There is no way in hell this guy made a phone call and has a car being shipped to him unless he is paying many thousands of dollars above MSRP.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.