Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A lot of people who lived paycheck to paycheck are out of work. The unemployment systems are overloaded and many, many folks can't even get signed up. WTF do you think is going to happen ?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd hope that even during times of adversity--and maybe moreso during these kinds of difficult times-- people would come together and be respectful and supportive and try to just persevere and maintain. But then not everyone across this nation will react the same. Some who have suddenly lost the assurance of a weekly paycheck will hunker down, tighten belts, circle the wagons, figure out how to get by and plod on. And then some will perhaps decide that things have changed and they might need to begin preying on others. We shall see soon enough, I imagine.
Well they ain't going to be too friendly when the electric gets shut off and they're living in a dark house with no internet, no TV and freezing their asses off with nothing to eat.. All of that stuff takes money or it's gone.

Apparently you're not familiar with how things work in the 'welfare' system in some places. No free food, free money, free housing, free utilities, free healthcare, free childcare? Whutchutalkinbout Willis?

The day the hordes of unwashed, inner city, gimmedat' masses get cut off from their goobermint supplied lifelines is the day the urban wars begin.
I'm talking about working folks, not welfare. My wife and I have both been laid off from work for over two weeks now. We're both eligible for unemployment. We've both been trying to get signed up about 40 times every day with no joy so far. We have enough in savings to keep the bills paid for a few months and have a good supply of food on hand.. If we were among the 60% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck who don't have enough in savings to handle a 1000.00 emergency we'd be getting pretty damned nervous, maybe even desperate right about now.