Originally Posted by Texczech
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
...that numbers of property crime/theft/assaults/violence and whatnot will begin to increase? In what is admittedly but a casual, completely non-scientific personal series of observations on my part, I've noticed in my travels locally that people are behaving more and more aggressively, if in ways that are only slightly, if definitively perceptible--in my opinion only, of course. I believe I have definitely observed more instances of impatient shytheadery in simple things relating to drivers, dog walkers, cashiers and delivery people. I've noticed an increase IMO in some difficult to define--but present nonetheless--instances of increased sour and suspicious looks, argumentativeness and general, I dunno', distrust.

My personal feeling is that as long as the big three are readily available--food/water, electricity and heat-- things will be OK and the streets aren't likely to start running red. Take away any of those and I could easily see where things go to shyt right quick. I have a class A, so called 'high capacity' state issued license to carry concealed firearms. As the liberal ivory midden I normally work at would relieve me of my position were I caught carrying OTJ, I don't (allegedly) normally do so while working, but now that I am an employee working 'remotely', I don't leave the house unarmed, ever. My wife has never been anti-gun, and has been shown how to load and use every firearm in the house to proper effect, but it surprised me when last week or so she started asking me every time we were getting ready to leave the house, 'kenju arimasu-ka, daddy?' Translation: 'do you have a jammy on you, daddy?'

Interesting times continue.

All the pawn shops are open here. For the crackheads
its business as usual.

Our pawn shops suck. Never found a deal on anything in them. I mean they have stuff, beat to hell and for about 50 cents less than new. Try and negotiate and you might get it down to 75 cents off. Waste of time here.

Me