Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

I certainly admire folks who'll hustle, though my usual rule of thumb is to never hire a contractor who can't afford a full-sized truck. In any case, instances like these have increased from zero, to reasonably prevalent, in the past 3 weeks. I'm not alarmed, but I'm mindful. The J-frame is always with me: it's the clutch purse of pistolas. Leaving the local area, however, finds me with a full-frame Sig + 2 spare magazines. I'll keep the honest guys honest, and make things a quite unpleasant for the dishonest ones.

Kindsness & mindfulness.

FC

Yep, similar happenings here. In the 6 years we've been in our home here we've had maybe 2 or 3 random knocks at the door from unsolicited guys offering to take down our ~40' blue spruce that was butchered our first year here by power line guys in an alleged effort to prevent problems between the tree and the wires. In the past two weeks we've had 4 or 5 different guys trying to hit us up to do the same job. I don't like it and with the two instances I've fielded, I've made it a point to silently demonstrate that I wasn't interested and that I didn't appreciate random solicitations. The sight and sounds of a combined 170 pounds of nervous, agitated, talky labs and a dude with a sour face and a Sig P220 in .45 ACP in his belt is apparently sufficient to relay that there's no work to be had here...