Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Apples and oranges. Bypass surgery, the pipes aren't clogged when you restart the pump.

Do you even know what the survival rate is for a victim who falls in public from a heart attack, and the pump stops?

Do you even know how many minutes it is before the brain is permanently damaged, like vegetable, from no blood flow?

Do you know the average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive, while the pump is idle?

You have no clue, as always.

If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands

As usual you have not the first fücking clue and are talking out of your ass.

1. In the county I work it was about 22% save ratio in 2018 (last posted data) for bystander cpr and 66% for witnessed arrest in presence of ems.

2. No set answer for this, average time to brain starting to die is 4-6 minutes but many people have had 10+ minute down times without oxygen that survived without brain damage.

3. In my EMS systems we average about 5 minutes to bls unit arrival which means trained cpr, basic airway and defibrillator. Als averages 8 minutes to scene.

But what do I know I’ve only got 23 years doing the job you claim to know all about.

Rapid AED intervention gives a cardiac arrest a greater chance of survival than anything else. We had one of our guys go down while jogging at a local high school. He went down 50 yards from the engine. He got put on the AED and survived. He came back to work and was the "Dead Man Walking" until he retired 3 years later. What surprised everyone was that he was a runner and was pretty lean and fit. I guess when your numbers up, it's up.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.