Originally Posted by antlers
Uh...no. Ambulances do not have “hundreds” of different medications on them, despite your assertion. And over the decades I’ve seen many cardiac arrest victims brought in being ventilated by BVM’s because...for whatever reason, or reasons...the paramedics were unable to intubate the patient in the field. And in every instance, we were able to intubate the patient in the ER. I’ve also seen, too many times, patients brought in with ETT’s in the esophagus instead of in the trachea. Again, not bangin’ on EMS...as I’ve been very involved with it for a long time. But a paramedic is not an ERMD. And the back of an ambulance is not an ER.

I didn’t say ambulances had hundreds, I said medic units. I don’t know where in the country you are and maybe it’s true where you are, but that doesn’t mean it’s true everywhere. There’s a huge difference in a medic program that’s a month or two long on bankers hours and one that’s one year and basically 24/7 unless sleeping.

I’m not trying to make it sound like er’s aren’t good. My point was around here if the medics can’t get ROSC back I doubt an er could have. Other places could be very different though. It sounds like wherever you are that is true.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott