with much respect at my age of 67 my eyes now are poor even with glasses so iron sights on a rifle no longer work i need a scope to see somewhat better. my son is 30 years of age and does just fine open sights or a scope on lever rifles. i shoot alot of trap in summer and that`s just a hand -eye coordination thing that i can still do fast and decent shooting trap and maybe guys with iron sight rifles kinda learn to do that too ? now this may sound weird but i play ping-pong to help my hand-eye coordination, i read about how to help my hand and eye coordination using pin-pong in a sporting clays magazine years ago and it seems to help me. >remember the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when the guard set a can out there and Sundace could not hit it sitting there ? then Sundance said can i try it when the can is moving ? Sundance shot the heck out of the can ,there is some truth about hand-eye coordination shooting.when you learn this skill for trap shooting wind or calm makes very little different in your scores. a good old friend Roger who was a great old trap shooter told me, he had 4 deer come down the trail about 80 yards away he got all 4 deer with his 30-30 lever said he never did aim but got all 4 deer in 4 shots in a matter of seconds. this old Korean veteran Roger told this true story better than i can.his hunting partner Jim said to Roger: what the heck were you shooting at it sounded like a machine gun when we were in Korea ? Roger said deer ,so then Roger and Jim walked over there to where the deer lay in the bush and Jim said great shooting but Roger we only have 3 licenses for deer.

Last edited by pete53; 04/06/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman