Some time ago I rescued an ancient Marlin 94 from some city slickers that was in very good mechanical condition but showing its years. Chambered in .25-20 Marlin with a bore rougher than a cob. Had it relined and chambered in the Winchester version only because brass was available and I knew it would work. Given my collection of years I fare poorly with conventional iron sights yet do fairly well with peeps and such things. Put a Lyman tang sight on it and it is quite the rifle these days.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

On the 50 yard butt during load workup with cast bullets. Not your average sub MOA group, but more than good enough for whacking pigs and other trash. 50 rounds....

The Mod 94 pictured earlier got one trip to the range with leaf sights shortly after purchase in 1985 and after installation of the aperture began to behave properly. I hunted with the gun every season for about 20 years and never felt disadvantaged by low light, nor did I ever leave a cripple in the woods. 50 yards checking zero and amusing myself a few years ago with an elbow rest.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain