I, too, am still drooling for a Ram Power Wagon. My local dealer sells several of them a year here. But..... the Tacoma has the highest resale value of anything in this area, the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mtn. Range. Jeep Wrangler is No. 2 BTW.
I would say it would depend on what you really need it for. I know lots of people with Tacos and none are unhappy. In a full size half ton, I'd do a Tundra. With either, I'd get the Pro versions, not the TRD versions. Just a bit more for off road use.
When it comes to Jeep Wranglers, a lot of locals own the Rubicon version. I don't. I could have, but I'm not into real rock crawling. The Rubicon Trail is not my thing. I hunt desert mulies. With a True Trac in the front, I can drive the softest, deepest sand I've ever encountered w/o ever bogging down. And it will climb anything anywhere near safe. That's why I have the Willys Wheeler Package on my Wrangler Sport.
Over the years I've learned that 4WD's are very expensive to buy and maintain. The really tricked out ones sometimes don't even work as well as a stock item if you understand how to use one. E