I can't be too much different than the majority of you guys having owned a 4wd for most of my adult life. Now that I've gotten a little gray around the muzzle, my idea of fun isn't winching my 6,000# truck out of two feet of mud, repairing a broken axle, replacing an ignition module in the middle of nowhere, scratching the hell out of a new truck or repairing sheet metal. Been there and done all that. It is a pretty hopeless feeling to be miles from any help with a disabled vehicle that you are depending on to get you back into civilization. I've wrecked my dirt bikes and had ATV's that failed, but those were not my primary means of getting back home. I like a nice capable 4wd as much as the next guy, but there is a limit to just how much off road stuff that most of us will actually use. The proliferation of wilderness bikes, dirt bikes, ATV's and UTV's tells me that a tricked out off road 4wd SUV or truck isn't a necessity.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory