Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Factory new trucks?

My company buys 3200ish pickups a year

Best Is the Raptor. I've had a 2014 and now have a 2018.

Second, by a LONG shot is the 2019.2020 Silverado Trail Boss.

Next the ZR2

Distantly next the Power Wagon

3rd Gen Tacoma Sucks.

EVERY Gen of Tundra has sucked.

Anyone who says different doesn't "use" a truck...

City folks bragging about their adventures are a hoot...

Best is like most things, awful subjective. A Raptor doesn't have the payload or towing capacity to do much, but can go really fast on rough roads. I'd be interested in the GMC AT4 if they weren't a million dollars. And I'd have to put an aftermarket winch on.

You are 100% correct in my opinion: "Best is like most things, awful subjective.", and I would have answered differently were the question does it, per your reply: "have the payload or towing capacity to do much, but can go really fast on rough roads."

The question was:
MAy have to buy a new truck here in a few days and haven’t looked at trucks in a long time (6-7 years)
I need a true off-road capable truck (ground clearance, lockers, power to weight, etc)
Been running a old body style 2003 four door Tacoma with e locker and it has been great for the past 7 or 8 years
What would you guys recommend in today’s lineup ?

Again, we buy 3.200 trucks a year...I personally have bought 5 in the last 18 months...

I stand by my answer...
Should the question change...my answer "may" as well...

Last edited by Journeyman; 04/10/20.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...