Thanks for the info SamO.

My next truck purchase will most likely be a Super Duty. Right now, I have a 2017 Tundra TuRD, double cab. I like the truck just fine, and think it's a great 1/2-ton grocery-getter. The Super Duty would be used for harder work.

The Super Duty interested me for the reasons that you mentioned. Mainly, that they have a good reputation in the commercial-use truck world. From what I've gathered from some dudes running fleets, the Super Duty seems to come close to Tundras in terms of reliability and durability. To me, that is impressive as the use cases and duty cycles can be very different. The fact that the Super Duty trucks are held in such high regard, says a lot in my view.

In my last job, I hired a test engineer for my team that previously worked at Fiat-Chrysler. Since he was involved with testing RAMs and competitor trucks, I asked him what he thought about the RAM trucks. He said that he loved the Cummins engine (obvious?), but hated the truck built around the engine. He drives a Super Duty.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/19/20.