Originally Posted by rost495
score wise, it should be much easier to shoot 200s with that 4.5x scope for two reasons. One you are same focal plane so no aiming errors. Two you SHOULD be able to see more of the wind shifts/changes etc.... instead of praying to find a flag to watch thats accurate. I find mirage is ok, but if the wind is slow enough that mirage is good to read, then there really is not that much wind to worry about. Plus mirage can be a bit late too... thats why if I have my pick I want a flag showing the wind before it gets to my bullet... not after or at.

Rost, I've heard the saying that mirage is "wind in real time". Generally you can use mirage with a higher power scope, but a 4.5 won't pick up on it as much.. True? Hey, you will get a kick out of those sights I bought. Can't wait to get them on my Noveske and test them out. Waiting for them to be delivered... You are a good guy to have around, so we can pick your brain a little on this competitive shooting jazz... I was with the girlfriend today, shooting a long anticipated dueling tree that I was dragging my feet on making. I don't know why? Only 2 hours extra time at the shop lastnight, while the GF watched me weld and cut... We had a blast with our pistolas today..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Did a little rifle shooting too, while we were at the range. You know what I'd love to see is how well the OP's rifle shoots with those sights. I think they are pretty cool...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA