Ok, so the OP is not responding to us anymore.. Ha ha. I guess we went way off track. Still talking service rifle matches and target shooting, but went too far off track. Just to make the OP happy, I will say that his thread got me motivated. I bought some irons, they are being shipped right now. These attach to a rail and are supposed to be pretty good sights. I'll be the judge of that, although they get some pretty good reviews. I started getting my Noveske ready for the new sights. Didn't take too much time, looked through my stash of parts and found a windham weaponry gas block that was supposed to go on my new WW varmint exterminator barrel I bought a few months ago. Didn't use it because the thing is a tank. I had to ream the holes out a bit to get it to fit my Noveske barrel, but that was easy, didn't cost anything, but about 15 minutes. Well, then I counter sunk some holes in my noveske barrel for the set screws to nestle in nice and tight. Loctited them in place and everything is solid. Much better than just throwing the new front sight on the end of the rail. Here's what I got so far:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'll have approximately 24" of sight radius with the new sights attached.

I'm hoping these "cheap" sights as rost called them work a little better than he thinks.. He may be right, as I've never had a set of these Ultradyne C4 sights before...I think it will be something fun to experiment around with though, if they work good..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA