Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rost495
score wise, it should be much easier to shoot 200s with that 4.5x scope for two reasons. One you are same focal plane so no aiming errors. Two you SHOULD be able to see more of the wind shifts/changes etc.... instead of praying to find a flag to watch thats accurate. I find mirage is ok, but if the wind is slow enough that mirage is good to read, then there really is not that much wind to worry about. Plus mirage can be a bit late too... thats why if I have my pick I want a flag showing the wind before it gets to my bullet... not after or at.

You would think it would easier.. we have flags all the way down the line for our shoots 100yd line, 300yd, 500 and 600yd. I watch mirage but I pay more attention to the flags. When you get back to Alaska you are more than welcomed to hit one our club shoots and give it whirl with my set up.. well if we ever get a season going..

J, my club is going to have a shoot next saturday. Then we will have a rimfire shoot on the following saturday. Looks like they may be lifting some of the bans coming up here in May... Hopefully they open up your range soon too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA