Originally Posted by LawyerDaggett
They have been a clear and present danger for years, and have been quietly buying assets here. At last they have shown their colours. Last year they made a 'friendly visit' of a number of war warships to Sydney Harbour- sorry, but a Chinese warship with armed marines guarding its deck (whilst moored at a secure Australian naval base) within 2 km of the NSW Parliament on the anniversary that the Japanese attacked Sydney Harbour in WW2 was no coincidence, and was a clear threat.

Sure, a warship is sovereign Chinese territory, and needs to be protected, but if you are on a friendly visit, don't you keep your armed marines out of sight?

A week ago, a Chinese aircraft blocked a Pacific Island runway stopping an Australian aid flight landing- coincidence? I don't believe in them.

Thoughts of many Australians toward China have been blinkered by trade, and financial greed, and a population hooked on cheap consumable rubbish.

Strategically thinking Australians have been saying war between the US and China is a matter of 'when' not 'if' for some years.

I think China's behaviour of late has made it very clear who our friends are, and where our loyalties lie. They have as it were turned a page and showed their true colours- what we are seeing now is a bit like 1938- when Hitler was Newsweek 'Man of the Year'- I am not saying we are going to war next year, but we all know the sudden attitude change that occurred and what followed.

Incidentally Mainer- I have to disagree with you, Australians, like a lot of Americans and Europeans have grown soft. Too much civilisation!

WAR... you dont say, China has been attacking us for years, economically, buying real estate, manufacturing, importing fentanyl, breaking down our culture, attacking our society through social media and using any means possible to weaken us and divide the republic. All with out nukes or boots on the ground...... and now the corona thing, maybe we will learn to quit supporting a communist country for the sake of cheap chit. We have been our own worst enemy, allowing legislators to make goofy rules, no term limits and our desire to have more cheap chit. Its time to stop this nonsense and quarantine the aggressor...

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii