Judman:

It's not my intent to "lock horns" with anyone, whether they truly know well of what they type or not. Most of us have experiences and hard earned information that informs our decisions and convictions, and the expression of mine wasn't an attempt to deride or marginalize anyone else's. Just sharing experiences and information that has proven to be of value to my thought process for others to consider. A point of my post was that you can buy other rifle scopes that are as "Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in USA" as Leupolds, and I have found at least one option to be exceedingly good, tough, reliable scopes. I also included the factors that effectuated my consideration of something other than Gold Rings after a lifetime of almost exclusive use. I apologize if that offends anyone's sensibilities.

The experiences I had with a few Leupolds are not isolated or somehow idiosyncratic to my specific use conditions. As stated, I was as big a water boy for Leupold as most anyone. But it came to a point in which I couldn't ignore what I was experiencing; then, the more I looked into it, the more widespread the issues seemed to be. I'm not "hatin" on Leupold or anyone who chooses to use them. I still use a number of them regularly and I sincerely hope that someday I can use them on a rig set up for dialing and have confidence in them, but, for now, I'm not there with them.

Last edited by Starbuck; 05/24/20.