Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I don’t believe the officers killed the perp. I see three officers doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a violent perp until he can be transported to the hospital for evaluation. They pin the perp that way so perp can’t hurt themselves or the officers. The “I can’t breathe” means he can breathe fine. They had already called the ambulance to come get him and were obviously unaware he had died before the ambulance arrived. Probably called because he was suspected mentally ill and was violently resisting arrest. The officers only mistake was not paying close attention. In their defense they had no reason to suspect a guy who was just violently resisting was going to die in the ten minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive.
Why are so many campfire members buying the race baiting narrative ?

Doesn't the officer have a legal duty to safeguard the health of the suspect in his custody? Once the guy started showing signs of medical extremis, you continue to kneel on his neck while doing nothing to address his medical crisis at your peril. That said, smells like manslaughter to me, not murder.

It's not a cop's job to evaluate your pre-existing medical conditions when you resist arrest.

Saying "I can't breathe" is proof that you can breathe. Anybody that's taken First Aid training knows this.

All of these circumstances and scenarios have been weighed by the courts tens of thousands of times. The DA knows this isn't going to be a conviction. It's just feel good bullschit.

No, but when evidence of a medical emergency manifests, you ignore it at your peril, especially when you are kneeling on the back of his neck and camera's are rolling. The officer has a duty to safeguard the health of his arrestee and kneeling on the back of his neck while he is possibly having a medical emergency is arguably a dereliction of that duty.

Tarquin