I've heard this argument about there not being enough bullet choice or poor bullet choice for years with the .270 Win. Yeah, not too many at the big long range matches or in the bench rest circuit, but there's plenty for what the cartridge is mostly designed for, hunting deer and other medium game. I've been hunting and shooting one for 54 years and never had occasion to use anything other than 130 or 150 grain spitzer bullets. How many bullets you need? And fhe .325 WSM is an 8mm. I have an 8mm Mauser and they make some fine bullets for it. Not a whole lot but plenty for what I use the rifle for. So for my part that's a Bull Sheit excuse to bad mouth a fine old cartridge. Same with the 8mm Rem. Mag. Too many people own those and say great things about them for them to be a BS entity. And like was said on this thread, most of the bad mouthing is done by people that have never owned or used one. I love the concept of the WSM. It has the performance of the big magnums in a short action rifle. If your hunting takes you to high elevation and where onces can make or break you, a lighter rifle is what is needed. But at those elevations you still could run into a big bear. It would be nice to know you're not under gunned. Also, if you're hunting elk a bigger rifle capable of taking big game at a distance is definitely a plus. As far as I can see the .325 WSM sounds like a God Send to an elk hunter.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!