Originally Posted by SU35
Both WSM's kill the same Jeff just wish the 325 offered a premium 220 and 240 or 250 bullet.

I hear ya, though 240's would knock the SNOT out of me with my Kimber <g>.

However... I'm pretty certain there's a 220-gn Aframe. That's gonna leave a mark. And for that matter one has to think that the 200-gn TSX is going to penetrate, if nothing else <g>.

To the original poster: I wish I could say I've killed 25 elk with a 7mm and 25 with a .325, and give you a meaningful idea of whether it does or doesn't possess more "oomph" than your big 7. All I can say is that my .325 was very decisive on two good-sized elk this year; a huge cow and a raghorn bull.

Blabbing on a bit... to ME, the whole reason to own, say, a .325 WSM is for the nifty rifles available. My Kimber is a whole other animal than ANY 7mm mag. I'm kind of a rifle kook and perhaps get hung up too much on things like light weight, balance, etc but for the length and weight and "sprite", there is nothing (in my experience) that touches a .325 WSM Montana for killing power/ease of use ratio! Except perhaps a 300 WSM Montana <g>. Likewise, my .325 BLR is a pretty unique package. So that's about the only semi-rational reason to go with a WSM in my opinion- the rifles.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!