I know that this is dredging up a really old thread, but I came across it and thought I should fill you all in.

I saved my money and purchased a Remington 870 youth model in 20 gauge. Been a blast watching the boys take ducks with it. Then...last year I rebarreled my 7mm Rem Mag with a 26" Shillen barrel. Used it to take my first branch antlered bull at long range.

And, just last week, I picked up a Kimber 8400 Montana in 325 WSM. I have decided to sale a few things to make it possible, but I couldn't pass on the deal I found on the used rack at the gun shop.

Anyway, I thought I would dredge this thread up and give an update. Twins are now 13 almost 14. Son missed a good muley this year with my 7mm-08 Rem and he is getting ready for a cow elk hunt in the next few weeks. That kid can flat out shoot and he doesn't seem to be bothered by recoil at all. Shot the 7mm Rem Mag last weekend and didn't even react like it was any different than shooting the 7mm-08.

His little brother took his first animal this year as he downed a nice Pintail with a shot from the youth model 870. Absolutely blessed to have these kids tagging along with me.

Wife is even on board with my endeavors too. She has done two years of Couple's 3-D Archery league and we are about to enter our third winter of that league. Way too fun!

Fire Hawk