Dober,

Agreed on drawing the tag. I think what got me thinking about it a little sooner is that I saw a "used" Abolt Stainless with composite stock lying in the gun store the other day for $495. I almost pulled the "trigger" on purchasing it, but decided I would really want to find out how they are performing first.

I am sorely tempted just to pick up a .338 Winchester Mag and be done with it, but I love the idea of a shorter more compact rifle for toting in the steep and nasty.

SU35 asked what advantage the 325 has over the 300 WSM. My response to that is that the 300 WSM is not a huge difference better than my 7mag. The 325 seems like a likely step up in performance and still get a lighter and more compact rifle. I recognize that "light" sometimes comes with its own problems. Recoil in particular as well as the tendancy of lighter barrels to be a little less accurate (so they say, no experience personally with that, so maybe I am a bit unfair).

Anyway, I have been intrigued by the 325 WSM for quite some time and would seem to offer an improved advantage over the 7mm Mag I currently use. That said, I KNOW where that bullet is going from my 7mm so that is why I ask about the accuracy of the WSM. If I could get the groups Dr. Mike refers to, I would be a very happy camper.

Anyway, the biggest issue is drawing that dogon LE Bull Elk tag. But I wouldn't want to have a brand new rifle on a dream elk hunt. So I better get it soon enough to practice a little maybe even on a cow elk or two ;>)

Firehawk