My personal experience with expert medical witnesses echoes what has been insinuated by others here and that is they will "say" or "find" what they are being paid to "say" or "find", not necessarily teasing out the truth. It becomes all about the $ like so many other things in life, not so much about truth, professionalism, and integrity.

I was involved in a case 20+ years ago that ended up as part of a lawsuit, first against me, but soon involved all of the physicians involved in the patient's care. The finger pointing began and soon there were depositions and expert witnesses everywhere. To make a long story short, my attorney insisted that I fly back east to Washington DC to be present for an expert witness deposition (from my specialty for the plaintiff) just so I could protect my interests, look the "expert" in the eye during testimony, and help guide my attorneys questions for the "expert." She felt like it was helpful and made the "expert" think a liitle more before he spoke for the record in front of his peer! All I know is that I have never really cared about going back to DC again! It was just a "game of chess" for them; much more than that for me!!!

The problem here is much more than a potential lawsuit and $ figure for the family of the deceased, attorneys, and "experts." This about the health of the Country, the integrity and strength of the law, and the future of not just race relations but relationships between generations of Americans as well.

There are bad actors in all societal groups in general, the wealthy, the poor, black, white, purple, politicians, LEOs, attorneys, physicians, etc.

If we are at a point however where the "bad" now rival or outnumber the "good" then our personal experience with the "experiment" of an acknowledged "imperfect" free civil democracy may soon be another footnote in the annals of human history.