Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Hastings

I wouldn't say the cops killed Mr. Floyd and I sure don't believe they intended to kill him.
He was alive and talking to them while on the ground. WHO THE FUGG DO YOU THINK DID KILL HIM???
I do not believe they started out intending to kill him. I also do not believe they were concerned in the least if they did kill him, that would seem pretty obvious in that almost three minutes elapsed from the time he went unconscious until they ceased killing him. Regardless of the amount of intoxicants, regardless of his resistance, it is pretty obvious that no matter how you cut it, they did kill him and that any intoxicants were at that point only contributing factors. In the videos it is pretty clear that he went down and out in a gradual manner and that before he became unconscious that he had ceased any attempt at movement.
Please explain who you think did kill Floyd.
I don't know what killed Mr. Floyd. At this point it looks like we will never get a definite answer. I am sure that being restrained played a part, and I'm sure the police were inattentive to or unaware of his condition. They get callous after years of dealing with the underbelly of society. It was just another arrest to them. They probably have had to load several uncooperative arrestees a week for years. This incident illustrates why I think nobody should make a life long career out of law enforcement.

Last edited by Hastings; 06/02/20.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."