I do autopsies, and testify about them. The only difference is that my area of expertise is automotive, not medical. Currently, I am on standby to testify in a lawsuit over a "loss of oil" engine failure claim on a Volvo diesel engine that was serviced by a nationwide truck stop chain's maintenance shop and ran out of oil due to a leak from a loose oil filter a few miles later. My detailed inspection of the damaged engine documented exactly which parts failed, and I can point to a very accurate timeline of when and why they failed. There is also a pretty good trail of evidence suggesting that the truck stop tried to erase evidence in the vehicle computer of the "low oil pressure" automatic shutdown of the engine. Every time the phone rings and the truck owner's attorney is on the line, I start a timer. He's buying my advice at the rate of $100.00 an hour, with a 1-hour minimum. If I actually do end up traveling to Indianapolis to testify, more time and travel expenses will accumulate. I informed the legal beagles early on that's there's only one condition to my participation- - - -they can't write a big enough check to make me lie for them! Nuff said!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!