Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I though I read somewhere, the cop & the deceased knew each other ?

The cop worked weekend security at a nightclub where the dead guy was a bouncer. Both of them had several years' experience there. It's a huge stretch of the imagination to think they weren't at least acquainted, if not more closely associated. There could be some history there, and possibly some bad blood between them.

The Medical Examiner is trying to protect the city against the flood of lawsuits they know is coming, possibly from years of previous misconduct by the dirty cop. He's also going to most likely torpedo the political career of Amy Klobuchar, who refused to file charges against him over complaints of misconduct while she was a prosecutor in Minneapolis.
Jerry

Does anyone know that the instances of misconduct by the dirty cop were? I heard there were 17 of them.

You're right, Amy's done. She probably was told by her bosses to make the charges go away.

Any cop with that many years on the force (17) is going to have complaints. Fact complaints were made doesn't mean they are valid (though they might be).

Tarquin