Originally Posted by Swampokie
One American made with no question asked warranty. One made in phillipines. And u have questions about the leupold? Leupolds one phillipino product is the Redfield revenge and it is noticeably lesser quality especially in the horrible eye relief category. Burris is an old phillipino word meaning 1" eye relief.

Swampokie,

Unlike many scopes made overseas for (not by) various companies. Fullfield IIs were originally manufactured in the U.S. When Burris decided to save customers money by making them in the Philippines, they provided the same tooling they used in the U.S., and trained the workers over there to use it. (The glass was already coming from Asia, as it does for Leupold) so there was no change in that.

When the switch was made, as I recall a little over a decade ago, I had several U.S.-made FFII's. I got a Philippine scope ASAP and compared them. There was NO difference in optics, adjustments, etc, and in fact the finish and smoothness of stuff like the turret-cap threads was superior on the Philppine scope.

Have been using the "foreign" FFIIs ever since with zero problems. In fact, the one FFII (out of more than a dozen) that I've owned that needed to be repaired was my LAST 3-9x40 made in the U.S.A. A couple years ago the adjustments quit working correctly. But I would say that's OK, partly because it had been on hell of lot of rifles, some pretty hard-recoiling, and partly because Burris fixed the scope and shipped it back quickly--far quicker than Leupold usually takes these days. (Yes, Burris has the same lifetime guarantee.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck