Originally Posted by rj308
I'm not a Leupold only fanboy. But, I have got to say this. No scope manufacturer offers the scarce combination of, very light weight, excellent eye relief, classic looks (at least more so than most) and a decent price in a scope like leupold does. If someone would like to point out to me another scope brand that has all of these characteristics in their scopes, please do. I am a "set and forget" scope user and I have had very good service out of Leupolds. Yes, I I have sometimes had to "tap the turret", when sighting in and used more ammo than I should have to, but that is the price that I am willing to pay for the combination of characteristics in a scope that I have mentioned above. I like Burris scopes, but for their models that would meet my needs, the eye relief is too short and/or the scope is heavier than I want to put on my rifle. RJ

You forgot one thing. Excellent Optics for the money. For the reasons you listed and the one I just added, I am a fan boy. And let me tell you, Leupold ain't the only one I have to tap on to get it to move. You pay $1000-$1500 or more for a scope, yeah you better not have to tap on it to make it move, but then again, such scope doesn't enter into this criteria. If I want to spend twice the price of a rifle for a sighting system then I'll agree with you. But while I'm on a retirement income, I'll just stick with Leupold.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!