Originally Posted by Wifeshusband
I've actually looked through a Burris FFII and I had a Leupold VX1 and now own a Redfield Revolution, but compared to my
Weaver Classic V10. the latter is hands down better glass than the former. It's Japanese glass, and I'm amused by guys who
think just because something is made in America it's inherently better. Japanese pick-up trucks disproved that point decades ago.
The real distinction is stuff from Red China. Their scopes are no where as good as the scopes made in the Phillipines or Japan.
By the way, the only scope that ever fogged up on me was a Leupold; sent it back, and they still didn't fix the problem.

I have a Weaver Classic V10, 2-10x38, that came on a rifle that I took in trade. I really wanted to like it, but I can't stand the tunnel vision aspect of that scope such that I would only recommend it to someone who I particularly didn't like. Another case of different people with different experiences forming conflicting opinions about the same product.

I agree that the quality of Chinese optics is lagging well behind Japan, the Philippines, and Korea, although I have to admit that the Chinese knock-off of a Leupold 2-7x33 that I have on a Ruger 10/22 has held its zero through around 2,000 rounds fired.