Years ago I bought a new Leupold VXI (which I think is comparable to their Freedom series today) and used it one season. It fogged up on me.
They make a big deal about non-fogging, so I sent it to them. After about two months they sent it back and said there was nothing
wrong with it and the fogging (are you ready for this) was "external fogging." Never heard of such. After the down pour ended that
fateful day, I could do nothing to wipe off the fog. It took 30 minutes for it to go away. After that, I lost faith in Leupold and
switched over to Weaver Classics V7 and V10, really great scopes. Unfortunately, Bushnell has now bought out Weaver and
are discontinuing them (really sad). Best scope I ever had though was a Colorado widefield (TV screen) Redfield. Hunted 20
years with it, in all kinds of weather--never fogged, always held zero, tough as a railroad spike. Only reason I sold it was because the
crosshairs were much too thin and hard for my aging eyes to center. This is why I got the Weavers, bolder crosshairs that I
can quickly slap on a deer's vitals.