To answer gatekeeper.... I had no problem doing that on my semi-custom LH Rem. 700 and LH Ruger 338WM, but im a big Winchester fan and a LH mod.70 is probably my grail factory rifle..... just love that inscription on the side of the barrel and for now I want to keep it factory.

Would have preferred a 30-06 which I would buy a good factory load and be done with it.. The other winny on the way (held up by corona) is the model 92 case hardened, octegon barrel trapper take-down of which only 10 will be coming into Australia... Shot Show special... cant wait ... so this year is my Winchester year!

I'm so grateful for your replies ... and load data on the H4895 Sniper ...because the equivalent here in Australia is AR2206H... man, i'm a happy camper. Some real great options around 2600/2700fps which have around 75% case fill. Unfortunately no ozzy powder same as IMR 4831 AZ ...but if I can load it for the feel of a 7mm08, it would be perfect, great "dog' load here...

That 160g NP will be absolutely perfect for most short/mid range distances ... so i have only 2 questions ... (1) Will the twist in the 270WSM stabilize the 160g NP and (2) what is the minimum case capacity fill in % that you guys are willing to accept in this short fat case?