Originally Posted by pabucktail
[Linked Image]

We've been on a .38 kick around here as well. Earlier this year I bought one of my dream guns, a S&W 60-4 here. Then I gave the 13 year old a SP101 .357 for his birthday. Since then there's been alot of loading and shooting. We're on the verge of trying some mid-range .357s. It takes me back to when I was a kid. I'd load 100 .38 plinkers and shoot them up before lunch, eat, then repeat. Great stuff!

That's good shooting with that J-frame. Not to take away from it at all but one reason I really like the .38 is that groups like that are not uncommon.

That 60-4 is a personal grail of mine as well. Just missed one in excellent shape in a local classifieds this week, one guy called before I did and snagged it. You can find them on gunbroker occasionally but folks want an arm and two legs for them. Smith makes the new ones in .357 but for that frame size I like the original .38 Special chambering.

Speaking of multiple appendage prices, here's one you don't see too often - a Model 36 in the same configuration. I've read that Smith only made a bit over 600 of these. Seller wants $1599 or Take a Shot for this one. Would love to get it but he didn't accept my $400 Take a Shot offer... whistle

[Linked Image from p1.gunbroker.com]

Link to ad

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!