Here's a target shot by a S&W Model 60-4. RJM says I talked him out of it but I'd say he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. wink Either way you look at it, it's a shooter.

The 60-4 was the original J-frame version with the 3" full underlug barrel and adjustable sights. They later changed that to .357 Magnum but to my way of thinking that's a bit too much of a good thing in such a small package so I always liked the one chambered specifically for the .38. I had bought one for a girlfriend when they first came out and liked it so much I almost didn't want to give it to her (the revolver that is, let's keep the entendres single). It became a grail gun for me but prices rose beyond what I wanted to pay, when you could even find one. So a shout out to RJM for offering this at a good price.

I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and settled on two loads, the one below at 750 fps and another one using True Blue at 850. 10.0 grains of 2400 will take this 160 grain SWC up to just at 1000 fps but a) recoil and muzzle blast start getting frisky at that speed and b) although the revolver is rated for +P I don't want to push it when 850 fps is all that's needed.

25 rounds at 10 yards offhand. This shoots just a tad above the POA while the 850 fps load prints right on top of the front sight.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!