Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by RGK
For a couple of years or so I was shooting this daily, mostly with wadcutters or 158 grain ball. An easy revolver to like.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Few things are as fun as a .38 Special for punching paper:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mackay,
How do you find the trigger on your Security Six? I have a pristine 6” SS model I picked up for a song a few years back. Shot it a lot. Installed lighter springs. Dry fired it a lot. I still find it to be in a word; rough. I can hit with it double and single action, but it is so much work compared to my S&Ws. All in all I love the revolver, but sometimes thoughts of replacing it with a 3” M65 or 6” M19 creep into my head.

Expat

They generally tend to be heavier than Smiths. Not unworkable though. Mine is totally stock and is heavy but I don't mind too much, as I don't care as much about the trigger pull weight, as I do smoothness. If it is smooth then (for me at least) I can shoot it well enough. I have shot a few Ruger Security/GP100 series that have had some excellent trigger work done on them, and they were truly excellent, but it requires a smith who is good at doing such jobs. The GP100 and Security/Service-6 series are excellent guns and for a guy who is going to pound a lot of magnum rounds down range, I don't think you can do much better.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com