8 3/8" matching pair, .22LR and .38 Spec., both with target hammers and triggers. I sculpted the grips to fit then used textured paint. Not the prettiest but very functioinal.

That .22 reminds me of a story I gotta tell. My daughter married a city slicker from Metairie, now a high powered New Orleans tax lawyer. Great guy, very intelligent.

We had all come in from a friend's wedding, it was dark. S-I-L mentioned he had seen a coon run up a pecan tree in the front yard, and when asked, pointed out the tree. Those coons had been crapping on the wife's porch, makes her very mad, so that one was doomed. I went in the house, got the long .22 Smith and a good light. I walked out, shined that coon and shot him out of the tree, landing with a thud on the ground.

My S-I-L and daughter were standing on the front porch, maybe 30 yds away, watching the action. He commented that this was his first hunting trip. It was hard to not laugh, but he was sincere. Those city kids live a sheltered life. And, he thinks that was "hunting"... Oh well, what ya gonna tell him... How do you explain. I just nodded in agreement... Not a bad trip, actually. A dead critter not 30 yds from the front door.... No briars, stickers, just manicured lawn...

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]