Originally Posted by comerade
I have always wanted one of these and considering this rifle in a 25/06. No experience myself with this model, much experience with the 25/06- have one in a model 700.
Do any of you own and use the B78? Any difficulties with it? Thanks for all feedback

I used mine for deer hunting for about 30 years. As a lefty, I appreciated the ambidextrous quality of it,( and the octagonal barrel is way cool). Mine was, and still is, supremely accurate with handloads. I've never had an issue with it.
That said, there are a few points which have been revealed over the years. The trigger is kind of creepy, not crisp. I've never had the action apart to clean it out. Takedown and reassembly is more than I'm willing to try. Lastly the exposed hammer makes scope selection critical. You have to get your thumb between the the hammer and the scope bell to cock it. Since the hammer is drawn into the action when opened, a hammer extension is not an option. To me, none of those issues were a deal breaker. I took loads of deer with that rifle.