comerade;
Thanks for the reply sir, I appreciate it.

Indeed tattoos seem to be the place to spend money for many of the younger set.

While I can appreciate the art involved, when my kids asked me if I'd ever considered one and I replied, "No because if you ever have to disappear it's one more thing to worry about" is something they still bring up! As you can well imagine, having me as a father was "interesting" for our girls on many days I'm certain! wink

If you end up with a B78, I have a box full of parts for one, including an action actually, but the falling block part is damaged as I recall. Long story from another time and place with more parts that I inherited. Anyways should you need parts, give me a shout as I might have it?

My buddy and hunting partner who owned the .25-06 still talks about regretting selling it back then and it was really not a bad arm at all.

The only thing I didn't like about it as opposed to a No. 1 is that the falling block is narrower, so when one is reloading it, one can "thumb" the round in with a No. 1, but with the B78 one has to push the round home with a thinner digit, say your index finger as the thumb sorta doesn't fit well.

We both liked the fact it could be safely carried loaded with the hammer down, which made it a better horse hunting rifle in many ways than the No. 1 that I used for years.

Again I hope that made some sense and was useful sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"