The trigger on the B78 is absolutely the WORST trigger design I have ever seen. The Colt Sauer was awful but worlds better than the B78. With the B78, you can adjust it to be three ways. It can be light and mushy, heavy and mushy, or non-functional. A real good B78 trigger, if it was on a model 70 Winchester would be called crap. The Canjar trigger, which eliminated half of the parts in the factory effort, could be an excellent trigger but it was the only trigger canjar produced which included instructions for honing to achieve a decent pull. Because the trigger is located in a housing which is stressed and distorted when the stock through bolt is tightened, one could set the trigger with the stock removed and then, when the stock was replaced, the trigger would not function or would exhibit creep. Still, if one can find one of the Canjar triggers, he should snap it up; it is the only way to achieve a real good trigger. I installed a half-dozen of them and felt they were a great option. When it comes to trigger design, less is more and fewer parts equals a better design.
Apart from the trigger, the B78 was a nicely made rifle. metal finish was pretty good for a mass produced rifle; at least as good as the Ruger of the same vintage. I didn't think the stock was as good in design or execution as the Ruger. GD