Originally Posted by bg7m
Quote "We also installed a trigger shoe on it to mitigate the pull feel somewhat and the owner and I felt it was an improvement."
More info about the trigger shoe, please
thanks

bg7m;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that the day's looking to be a nice one in your part of the world and all else is as it should be for you and yours.

While I can't recall much regarding the specifics of the exact trigger shoe we used, I'll do my best to outline the standard procedure of rifles we equipped with them.

For the longest time in the late '80's and '90's, I would buy each and every trigger shoe I was able to lay hands on, the thought being that the supply would eventually dry up.

As far as brands, foggy semi-old guy memory recalls seeing Tyler, Ace and Flaigs on some of them, but surely there may have been others as well.

Since I had a parts drawer well stocked with them, I'd find one that was close to fitting or would actually fit, then would hot glue it in place as well as using the factory twin installation screws.

We'd discovered - the hard way of course as most things of lasting value are - that if the arms were subjected to horses, quads or mountain hikes there was a better than good chance of the shoe falling off somewhere, sometime.

The hot glue solved that little issue then and there and I do not believe any of our arms or those of folks I've worked on lost a shoe with that adhesive used. Of course a wee bit of heat with a heat gun will have it fall off and in an emergency up the mountain, after the screws are loosened, it can be knocked off with a bit of a hit with a punch, but I would say that some triggers and housings are less robust than others and on an old Parker Hale trigger for instance I would not recommend hitting it with anything ever. As in never, ever, never.... frown

The supply of triggers shoes has, as expected, completely dried up or at least become inflated to a point where I'm not finding them for under $50 CDN when the shipping and exchange gets factored in.

Anyways sir, sorry I can't be more help than that, but hopefully it was at least somewhat useful for you or someone out there in the ether space.

All the best to you this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"